Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The regulations contained within this section shall apply to all signs and to all zoning districts, unless specifically exempted in these regulations.
(B) No sign shall be erected, established, modified, created, or maintained in the city unless it is in compliance with the regulations of this section.
(C) This section shall regulate the height, area, location, graphics, color, materials, and other visual aspects of signs and other advertising structures. It does not regulate the following:
(1) The display of official specific notices;
(2) Public seasonal or religious decorations;
(3) The POW/MIA flag or the flag, emblem, or insignia of any governmental agency or political subdivision. Proper flag etiquette should be observed;
(4) Governmental signs for traffic control and other regulatory purposes;
(5) Street signs, warning signs, railroad crossing signs, and signs of public service companies for the purpose of safety; and
(6) Public art and murals, provided such displays do not contain any commercial messaging.
(Ord. 2018-06, passed 7-9-2018, § 155.182)