Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Generally. Any building, structure, or use of land, when erected or enlarged, shall provide for off-street parking spaces for automobiles in accordance with the provisions of this section, except for parcels that are located in the Historic and Business “G” Zoning District. Such parcels are exempt from the off-street parking and loading requirements of this section.
(B) Additional spaces required. Whenever an existing building changes in use or is enlarged in floor area, number of employees, number of dwelling units, seating capacity, or otherwise that creates the need for an increase in the number of existing parking spaces, additional parking spaces shall be provided based on the following requirements:
(1) When the floor area of a building or use is enlarged or expanded an amount equaling less than 10%, no additional parking is required.
(2) When floor area of a building or use is enlarged or expanded an amount equaling between 10% and 50%, additional parking is required based on the enlargement or change.
(3) When floor area of a building or use is enlarged or expanded an amount equaling more than 50%, the building or use shall fully comply with the parking requirements set forth herein.
(C) Parking plan.
(1) A parking plan shall be required for all uses except for detached single-family dwelling and two-family dwellings. The parking plan shall be submitted to the city as part of the site plan application.
(2) The parking plan shall show the following:
(a) The boundaries of the property;
(b) The parking spaces;
(c) Access driveways;
(d) Circulation patterns;
(e) Drainage plan;
(f) Illumination plan; and
(g) Landscape plan.
(Ord. 2018-06, passed 7-9-2018, § 155.172)