Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1325.27 MAINTENANCE OF EXTERIORS.
(a) All exterior walls of every structure shall be maintained weathertight and shall be maintained so as to resist decay or deterioration from any cause.
(b) Any structure or secondary or appurtenant structure whose exterior surface is bare, deteriorated, ramshackle, tumble-down, decaying, disintegrating or in poor repair shall be repaired, replaced or razed.
(1) All buckled, rotted or decayed walls, doors, windows, porches, floors, steps, railings, soffits, posts, sills, trim and their missing members shall be replaced and put in good condition.
(2) All replacements shall match and conform to the original design or be replaced completely with a design acceptable to the Building Commissioner and drawings and plans for such replacements reviewed by the Architectural Board of Review as required by Chapter 1110 of the Codified Ordinances.
(3) All exterior wood or exterior unfinished surfaces, except masonry, shall be sealed and painted, or the surface covered with other approved protective coating or treated to prevent rot and decay, and conform and match the existing paint or surface covering and original design or replacement thereof. All exterior walls and surfaces shall be properly protected against the weather, where such are defective or lack weather protection, including lack of paint or surface covering, or have weathered due to lack of proper protective covering.
(c) Any structure, including all secondary or appurtenant structures, awnings and signs, whose exterior is deteriorated, decaying, disintegrating or whose surface has weathered with dirt and grime or has been impaired through peeling or flaking of the paint or other protective coating, shall be repaired, repainted or resurfaced or replaced.
(1) All exterior surfaces shall be replaced or repaired in good condition preparatory to repainting or coating.
(2) All bare exterior surfaces which are flaking or crumbling shall be replaced or sealed in a good and workmanlike manner.
(3) All new or repaired bare surfaces shall be painted or coated.
(Ord. 21-1980. Passed 5-13-80.)