Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1145.13 SIGN PERMIT REQUIREMENTS.
(a) No display sign whether permanent or temporary shall hereafter be erected, constructed or maintained within the City by any persons, firm or corporation until a permit for the same has been issued by the Building Commissioner. The application for such permit shall be furnished by the Building Commissioner and shall include the following information:
(1) Name, address and telephone number of the applicant;
(2) Location of building, structure or lot to which or upon which the sign or other advertising structure is to be attached or erected;
(3) Position of the sign or other advertising structure in relation to nearby buildings or structures, side lot lines and streets by means of a plat map;
(4) Two scale drawings of the plans and specifications, color and method of construction and attachment to the building or in the ground;
(5) Name of person, firm, corporation or association erecting such sign(s) and evidence that the sign erector is qualified, licensed, bonded and insured;
(6) Written consent of the owner of the building, structure or land to which or on which the sign is to be erected if the applicant for such sign is a tenant and not the owner;
(7) Any required electrical permit has been issued for such sign; and
(8) Such other information as the Building Commissioner may require to show full compliance with this and all other laws and ordinances of the City.
(b) A determination shall be made by the Planning and Zoning Commission as to the necessity for a free-standing sign to the conduct of the business, profession or commercial activity on the site in deference to or in addition to an attached sign prior to issuance of a permit.
(c) The applicant may appeal from an adverse decision by the Building Commissioner to the Commission by standard procedures of filing an application for a variance and requesting a hearing as provided in Chapter 1113.
(Ord. 5-1995. Passed 5-9-95.)