Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. Any license or permit may be suspended or revoked by the mayor and board of trustees during the life of such license or permit if there is a violation by the licensee or permittee of any provision relating to the license or permit, the subject of the license or permit, the premises occupied, or any other provision of this chapter. Such suspension or revocation may be in addition to any fine imposed.
2. The mayor and board of trustees shall be authorized to summarily order the cessation of business, the closing of the premises, and the suspension of any business license or permit for a period not to exceed fifteen (15) days.
1. Time Constraints; Purpose: Within ten (10) days after the appropriate village officials have so acted, the mayor shall call a hearing for the purpose of determining whether or not the license or permit should be revoked.
2. Notice Of Hearing: Notice of hearing for revocation of a license or permit shall be given in writing setting forth specifically the grounds of the complaint and the time and place of hearing. Such notice shall be sent to the licensee or permittee by certified mail at his last known address or personally served at least five (5) days prior to the date of the hearing.
3. Procedures: At the hearing, the licensee or permittee shall be permitted counsel and shall have the right to submit evidence and cross examine witnesses. The mayor shall preside over the hearing. After the presentation of evidence, the board of trustees shall deliberate, and after a decision is rendered, the mayor shall render the decision and recommendation of the board of trustees to the licensee or permittee.
4. Exception: The hearing procedures set forth herein shall not be required if a state or federal entity that has regulatory authority over the license or permit issued or the premises occupied requires the revocation or suspension in violation of law.
C. Grounds For Revocation: Licenses and permits issued under the ordinances of the village, unless otherwise provided, may be revoked by the mayor and board of trustees after notice and hearing as provided herein for any of the following reasons:
1. Any fraud, misrepresentation or false statement contained in the application for the license or permit.
2. Any violation by the licensee or permittee of this chapter, ordinances and resolutions of the village or the law relating to the license or permit, the subject matter of the license or permit, or the premises occupied.
3. Conviction of the licensee or permittee of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
4. Failure of the licensee or permittee to pay any fee, fine or penalty owing the village.
5. Refusal to permit an inspection or investigation or any interference with a duly authorized village officer or employee while in the performance of his duties in making such inspections, as provided herein. (Ord. 2010-05, 3-15-2010)