Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Public Hearing Provisions:
1. Open To Public: All meetings of the zoning board of appeals shall be open to the public. For the purpose of this section, a meeting shall constitute a gathering of the zoning board of appeals to conduct business on any single topic or any multiple topics requested to be reviewed of the board.
2. Time And Location: All meetings shall be held at the call of the chair and at such times and places as the zoning board of appeals may determine.
3. Quorum: No meetings may be conducted without a quorum of the board being present. A quorum shall consist of a majority of all the members of the board.
a. Legal Notice: Legal notice of an administrative public hearing shall be given not less than fifteen (15) nor more than thirty (30) days before said hearing by publishing a notice thereof in a newspaper of general circulation within the village.
b. Courtesy Notices: Courtesy notices may be mailed to the owners of land adjacent to the parcel on which action is proposed.
5. Parties: The applicant, the village and a person filing a written entry of appearance is a party to an administrative public hearing procedure.
6. Appearance Of Others: Any person may appear and testify at an administrative public hearing, either in person or by a duly authorized agent or attorney.
7. Oaths Or Affirmations: The chair, or in his absence, the acting chair, may administer oaths or affirmations.
8. Compelling Attendance Of Witnesses: The chair, or in his absence, the acting chair, may compel the attendance of witnesses by mailing to such persons a notice compelling attendance, not less than five (5) days before the public hearing. Failure of a person to appear in response to such a notice shall constitute a violation of the zoning ordinance, title 11 of this code.
9. Record Of Meetings: The board shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing the vote of each member upon every question, or if absent or failing to vote, indicating that fact, and shall also keep records of its examinations and other official actions.
B. Procedures: All procedures of public hearings will conform to the authority of the Illinois Compiled Statutes. (Ord. 2009-38, 4-6-2009)