Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. General Powers And Duties: Members of the zoning board of appeals shall have the powers and duties assigned to the zoning board of appeals by state statute, per the ordinances adopted by the village board of trustees, and as follows:
1. To conduct administrative public hearings, make findings of fact, and decide duly initiated appeals from any administrative order, requirement, decision, or determination made by the administrative officer pertaining to conformance with requirements of the zoning ordinance, title 11 of this code.
2. To conduct administrative public hearings, make findings of fact and decide variations from the terms provided in the zoning ordinance, title 11 of this code.
3. To hear and decide all matters referred thereto or upon which it is required to pass under the zoning ordinance, title 11 of this code, and other ordinances of the village.
4. To publish notices of public hearings, and to hold such hearings, as required by the applicable statutes of the state, pertaining to proposed amendments to the regulations imposed and the districts created by the zoning ordinance, title 11 of this code, and to proposed conditional or special uses as established in the zoning ordinance.
5. To make a written findings of fact and recommendations to the village board of trustees on any such proposed amendments, proposed special or conditional uses, or proposed variances.
B. Specific Powers And Duties: The zoning board of appeals also has the powers and duties as specifically provided by the ordinances and resolutions adopted by the village board of trustees. (Ord. 2009-38, 4-6-2009)