Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All streets and roads hereinafter constructed in the City of Heath shall be paved with reinforced concrete in accordance with the following specifications and standards.
(A) Subgrade. The completed subgrade shall have a uniform density of not less than 90% of maximum dry density at not less than optimum moisture content. The subgrade shall be maintained in a smooth, compacted condition in conformity with the required section and approved grades until the pavement is placed and shall be thoroughly wetted down sufficiently in advance of placing of concrete to insure its being in a firm moist condition at least two inches below the prepared surface.
(B) Concrete for pavement.
(1) The concrete shall be composed of portland cement, coarse aggregate, fine aggregate, water, mineral filler and admixtures if used, mixed in such proportions to obtain a finished pavement meeting this chapter.
(2) The concrete mix will be designed to produce pavement having: a minimum compressive strength of 3,000 psi in 28 days and a seven-day flexural strength 500 psi.
(3) The maximum water cement ratio will be five sacks per cubic yard.
(4) The maximum slump will be four inches.
(5) The contractor will be required to cast test cylinders and test them at his or her expense, furnishing the results of these tests to the city. The pavement thickness will be a minimum of six inches, with six-inch curbs poured monolithic with the pavement.
(6) All pavement will be reinforced with three-eighths-inch bars a maximum of 24 inches on center both directions.
(2005 Code, § 3-1-1) (Ord. 49, passed 3-19-1974)