Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Upon receiving the written application, the City Manager or a designee may grant a written permit to use the designated park facility unless:
(1) The proposed activity or use of the park facility will unreasonably interfere with or detract from the general public use and enjoyment of the park facility;
(2) The proposed activity or use of the park facility will unreasonably interfere with or detract from the public health, safety or welfare;
(3) The park facility requested by the application has been reserved for another activity or for use at the day and hour requested in the application;
(4) False or misleading information is contained in the application or required information is omitted;
(5) The proposed activity or use would violate any federal, state or municipal law; or
(6) The nature of the proposed activity or use, equipment needed for the event, and/or level of attendance would likely cause unreasonable or undue environmental damage to the park facility.
(B) The City Manager or a designee may impose reasonable conditions or restrictions on the granting of a permit including but not limited to any of the following requirements:
(1) That the applicant post a security deposit as determined reasonable by the Director of Public Works for the repair of any damage to the park facility or the cost of clean up or both. The amount of security deposit shall be based upon the nature, attendance and duration of the permitted activity.
(2) That the applicant pays a fee as set by the City Manager or a designee to defray the cost of furnishing adequate city personnel at the proposed use or activity.
(3) That the applicant furnish additional sanitary and refuse facilities that may be reasonably necessary, based upon the use or activity for which the permit is being sought.
(4) That the applicant pays a fee as set by the City Manager or a designee to cover the administrative costs of the permit application and site support by the city at the proposed use or activity.
(5) That the applicant has appropriate insurance and provides proof of same.
(2005 Code, § 2-3-9) (Ord. 030320C, passed - - ; Ord. 090915E, passed 9-15-2009)