Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) If any person, firm or corporation fails or refuses to comply with the provisions of this chapter after having been notified pursuant to § 52.06 above, the City Secretary or other authorized officer or agent of the city may go upon such property and do or cause to be done the work necessary to obtain compliance with this chapter.
(2) In the event such person, firm or corporation fails or refuses to pay the expense within 30 days after the first day of the month following the one in which the work was done, the city shall file with the County Clerk of Rockwall County a statement, signed by the Mayor, of the expenses incurred in correcting the condition of the property.
(3) When the statement is filed, the city shall have a privileged lien on the property, second only to tax liens and liens for street improvements, to secure the payment of the amount so expended.
(4) The amount shall bear interest at the rate of 10% per annum from the day the city incurs the expense.
(5) For any such expenditures and interest, suit may be instituted and recovery and foreclosure had by the city.
(6) The statement of expense filed with the County Clerk, or a certified copy thereof, shall be prima facie proof of the amount expended in the work.
(2005 Code, § 3-4-7) (Ord. 860313, passed 3-13-1986)