Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. This section shall be known and cited as the HONEYSUCKLE BEACH FEE REGULATIONS for use of the Honeysuckle Beach boat ramp facility.
B. A boat ramp facility use fee shall be collected from the driver of each vehicle that is using the Honeysuckle Beach boat ramp facility.
C. Boat ramp facility use fees shall be paid upon entrance to the Honeysuckle Beach parking lot.
D. An annual boat ramp facility use permit may be purchased from the City which shall authorize a vehicle with that permit attached to the vehicle to use the boat ramp facility providing that the boat ramp facility is open for use at that time. The amount of the daily boat ramp facility use fee and annual permit fee shall be set by resolution of the City Council.
E. There shall be a fee waiver of the annual permit for any disabled Hayden resident meeting the following qualifications:
1. Disabled: A person is disabled if they are deemed disabled by one or more, but not necessarily all of the following: the Railroad Retirement Board pursuant to title 45 of the United States Code, or certified as eligible for Federal supplemental security income (SSI); or Social Security disability income (SSDI); or a nonservice-connected veterans pension; or a service- connected veterans disability benefit with forty percent (40%) or more disability; or if a physician has certified any of the following - that a person has lost the use of one or both lower extremities or both hands, or is unable to walk two hundred feet (200') or more unassisted by another person, or is unable to walk two hundred feet (200') or more without the aid of a walker, cane, crutches, braces, prosthetic device or a wheelchair, or is unable to walk two hundred feet (200') or more without great difficulty or discomfort due to the following impairments - neurological, orthopedic, respiratory, cardiac, arthritic disorder, blindness, or the loss of function or absence of a limb.
2. Eligible Applicant: Any physically disabled person certified by a physician licensed in the State of Idaho, as meeting one or more of the criteria set forth in subsection E1 of this section who is also a resident of the City of Hayden.
3. Required Documentation: Required documentation must be presented in person or by mail to the City. An applicant must present to the City one of the following:
a. A current year's award statement in the individual's name showing that he or she is receiving SSI or SSDI benefits for the current year;
b. A letter from the Railroad Retirement Board verifying disability status and being dated within three (3) years preceding the application for a disabled license;
c. A letter from the Veterans Affairs Office verifying a service- connected disability rating of forty percent (40%) or greater. Such documentation can bear any date prior to license application. Such documentation will be required only for the initial application and will not be required for subsequent disability license application; or
d. A current year's letter from the Veterans Affairs Office showing an individual is receiving a nonservice-connected pension.
e. A physician's permanent disability certification, which must be completed and signed by the applicant's physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner stating which of the criteria set forth in subsection E1 of this section qualifies the applicant and why.
4. Attestation; Misrepresentation: Applicants for a fee waiver must attest to the disability requirements of this section, and shall not misrepresent any information to obtain a fee waiver.
5. Residency: Applicants must prove City residency.
F. The vehicle shall not be left for more than one-half (1/2) hour during the use of the boat ramp facility without parking the vehicle. (Ord. 573, 7-11-2017, eff. 1-1-2018)