Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The administrative and advisory functions of the Municipality as prescribed in this Charter shall be carried on by:
1. Department of Building.
2. Civil Service Commission.
3. Department of Finance.
4. Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
5. Income Tax Board of Review.
6. Income Tax Bureau.
7. Department of Law.
8. Parks and Recreation Commission.
9. Planning Commission.
10. Department of Police.
11. Department of Records.
12. Department of Public Works.
13. Board of Zoning Appeals.
14. Department of Zoning.
15. Such other departments, boards, commissions, bureaus or divisions as may be created by ordinance.
Council shall provide by ordinance for the organization and duties of the administrative departments to the extent not provided for by this Charter and may authorize one (1) person to be Director of one (1) or more departments. Each municipal department shall be headed by a full-time or part-time Director, and the Mayor may, with the consent of Council, serve as the Director of one (1) or more departments.