Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Each person requesting a permit under this section shall file a written application with the town which shall contain the following information:
(1) The name and address of the individual filing the application;
(2) The name and address of the principal or employer if the applicant is an agent or employee;
(3) A description of the goods or services to be sold or offered;
(4) A statement as to whether the applicant intends to receive payment or deposit for goods or services to be delivered or rendered in the future;
(5) The inclusive dates which the applicant will carry on business within the town;
(6) A statement as to which days of the week the applicant intends to conduct business;
(7) A complete description of the vehicle or method of transportation the applicant intends to use for business purposes while in the town;
(8) A statement as to whether the applicant, his principal or employer or other person having management or supervisory function in the applicant's business, has been convicted of a criminal offense and, if so, the name of the person convicted, the nature of the offense, the punishment assessed and when and where the offense occurred;
(9) A statement as to which areas of the town the applicant intends to conduct his or her business; and
(10) A list of all persons other than the applicant that will be authorized by the applicant to engage in soliciting in the applicant's behalf.
(B) Each person filing application for issuance of a permit to solicit in the town shall present a driver's license or an approved state-issued identification card with a photograph at the time of filing the application.
(C) Fees for this permit will be updated annually in the Schedule of Fees adopted by Town Council.
(Ord. passed 11-12-19)