Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. It is an offense for any person within the city to:
1. Permit any animal owned, possessed, or harbored by him upon any private property which he does not own or control. This section shall not apply to any person who takes an animal upon private property not owned by him or under his control with the consent of the person who owns or controls such property where such animal is either confined in a vehicle or controlled by means of a chain or leash of sufficient strength and length.
2. Permit any dog owned, possessed, or harbored by him upon any street, alley, or other public place, unless the dog is under control of the owner or other person in a vehicle or by means of a chain or leash of sufficient strength and length to control the actions of such dog.
3. Own, keep, possess, harbor, or allow to remain on premises under his control any animal of the age of six (6) months or older, unless such animal shall have been licensed as provided in this chapter.
4. Fail to confine any animal as provided by this chapter.
5. Remove the vaccination tag without the owner's consent.
6. Own, possess, keep, or harbor any animal, which by loud and frequent barking, howling or yelping shall cause annoyance or disturbance to any of the citizens of the city.
7. Own, possess, keep, or harbor any dog of such vicious and fierce disposition as to attack human beings without provocation. The fact that a dog has previously bitten a human being two (2) or more times without provocation shall be prima facie evidence that the dog is of a vicious and fierce disposition. (1986 Code)