Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to purposely or knowingly disturb the peace by:
1. Quarrelling, challenging to fight, or fighting;
2. Making loud or unusual noises;
3. Using threatening, profane or abusive language;
4. Rendering the free ingress or egress to public or private places impassable; or
5. Disturbing or disrupting any lawful assembly or public meeting.
B. To be convicted of disturbing the peace, a person must not have any prior convictions for disorderly conduct under the laws of the State of Montana within the previous year, which is three hundred sixty five (365) days.
C. A person convicted of disturbing the peace shall be sentenced for a term not to exceed ten (10) days in the County Jail, or fined up to a maximum of one hundred dollars ($100.00), or both. (Ord. 2017-08, 10-17-2017)