Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) An officer who finds a vehicle or parts believed to be abandoned shall attach in a prominent place a notice tag containing the following information:
(1) The date, time, officer's name, town and address and telephone number to contact for information.
(2) That the vehicle or parts are considered abandoned.
(3) That the vehicle or parts will be removed after 72 hours.
(4) That the person who owns the vehicle will be held responsible for all costs incidental to the removal, storage, and disposal, and if the costs are not paid, the person's registration privileges will be suspended on the vehicle.
(5) That the person who owns the vehicle may avoid costs by removal of the vehicle or parts within 72 hours.
(B) If a vehicle or part tagged under division (A) above is not removed within the 72-hour period, the officer shall prepare a written abandoned vehicle report of the vehicle or parts, including information on condition, missing parts, and other facts that might substantiate the estimated market value of the vehicle or parts. Photographs shall be taken to describe the condition of the vehicle or parts.
(Ord. 2000-08, passed 8-7-00)