Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Competitive bidding may be waived by the purchasing agent, upon the written approval of the Director of Finance and the Mayor, and negotiations may be utilized in the following circumstances.
(1) Emergency requirements as per §§ 36.16 to 36.18, inclusive.
(2) Management or consulting services, and those services requiring special or unique skills.
(3) Service, repair or maintenance of equipment normally handled by the manufacturer and/or his/her authorized dealer of the equipment.
(4) In those circumstances where uniformity or consistency with goods or equipment already owned by the town is deemed to be of substantial importance.
(5) When purchasing goods or services which are not generally competitive as to price or because of lack of availability.
(B) Copies of all quote waivers between the sum of $2,500.01 and $10,000.00 shall be sent to the Legislative Council upon receipt by the Director of Finance on a semi-annual basis.
(C) Notwithstanding provisions (A)(1) through (A)(5), above, any bid waiver over the sum of $10,000.00 must receive the approval of the majority vote of the Legislative Council, present and voting.
(D) All waivers of bid shall contain a statement of the reasons therefor and shall be kept on file in the office of the purchasing agent.
(Ord. 645, passed 1-6-14)