Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any person desiring to be an OCIEB licensed specialty contractor shall apply to the Building Division for such registration on a form prescribed therefore, together with the nonrefundable fee required by the fee schedule. If no fee has been specifically provided, then the applicant shall pay the general fee prescribed for newly initiated areas of regulation that year.
(b) The OCIEB licensed specialty contractor registrations with the Building Division are as follows:
(1) Electrical contractor.
(2) Heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) contractor.
(3) Hydronics (steam and hot water) contractor.
(4) Plumbing contractor.
(5) Refrigeration contractor.
(c) Registration as a registered specialty contractor with the Building Division requires a current, valid specialty contractor license issued by the Ohio Construction Industry Examining Board (OCIEB) in the specific category of registration listed above for which the application is being made.
(d) An application for an OCIEB licensed specialty contractor registration shall be confirmed and signed under oath by the applicant. The Building and Development Services licensing section of the Building Division shall process the application for an OCIEB specialty contractor registration.
(e) The OCIEB licensed specialty contractor registration application shall contain the following information:
(1) Name of the applicant.
(2) Name of the business entity to be registered by the applicant.
(3) Current residence and business addresses of the applicant.
(4) Current residence and business telephone numbers of the applicant.
(5) Copy of OCIEB specialty contractor license (shall be verified by presentation of a valid and original OCIEB license to the Building Division registration section at the time application is made).
(6) OCIEB liability insurance policy number.
(7) OCIEB liability insurance expiration date.
(8) Name, address and telephone number of the OCIEB liability insurance provider.
(9) Business name(s) and date(s) of previous OCIEB licensed specialty contractor registrations with the Building Division, if any.
(10) Other information deemed necessary by the Building Division.
(Ord. C33-02. Passed 4-15-02.)