Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Administrative Assistant shall deny a Special Event Permit if: (Ord. C11-13. Passed 4-15-13.)
(1) A Special Event Permit has been granted for another special event at the same place and time;
(2) The proposed special event will occupy any part of a freeway or expressway;
(3) The proposed special event will unreasonably disrupt the orderly flow of traffic and no reasonable means of re-routing traffic or otherwise meeting traffic needs is available;
(4) The applicant fails to adequately provide for:
(A) The protection of event participants;
(B) Maintenance of public order in and around the special event location;
(C) Crowd security, taking into consideration the size and character of the event;
(D) Emergency vehicle access.
(5) The applicant fails to comply with or the proposed special event will violate a City Ordinance or other applicable law, unless the prohibited conduct or activity would be allowed under this Chapter or otherwise waived, by the Administrative Assistant; (Ord. C11-13. Passed 4-15- 13.)
(6) The applicant makes a false statement of material fact on the application for a Special Event Permit;
(7) The applicant has had a Special Event Permit revoked within the preceding 24 months;
(8) The applicant has committed, within the preceding 24 months, two or more violations of a condition or provision of a Special Event Permit or this Chapter; or
(9) The applicant fails to pay any outstanding costs owed to the City for a past special event.
(b) The Administrative Assistant shall revoke a Special Event Permit if: (Ord. C25-13. Passed 5-6-13.)
(1) The applicant fails to comply with or the special event is in violation of a condition or provision of the Special Event Permit, an ordinance of the City or any other applicable law; or
(2) The permit holder made a false statement of material fact on an application for a Special Event Permit.
(3) The general health, welfare or safety of the participants or the surrounding area is threatened.
(Ord. C42-02. Passed 4-15-02.)