Skip to code content (skip section selection)
As used in this Chapter, certain terms are defined as follows:
(a) “Applicant” means a person who has filed a written application for a Special Event Permit.
(b) “Chief of Police” means the Chief of Police for the City of Grove City, Ohio or his or her designee.
(c) “City” means the City of Grove City, Ohio.
(d) “Demonstration” means a public display of the attitude of assembled persons toward a person, cause, issue or other matter.
(e) “Person” means an individual, firm, partnership, corporation or other legal entity.
(f) “Special Event” means a temporary event or gathering that is conducted primarily outdoors or within a temporary structure constructed specifically for the event, using either private or public property in which the estimated number of participants may exceed 300 during any day of the event and/or a total of 1,000 during the event, and which involves two or more of the following activities: (Ord. C11-13. Passed 4-15-13.)
(1) Sale of merchandise, food or beverages;
(2) Closing of a public street;
(3) Erection of a tent, in excess of 150 square feet;
(4) Installation of a stage, portable building, or a grandstand, or bleachers with seating capacity over 100 persons;
(5) Placement of portable toilets;
(6) Placement of temporary no parking signs in a public right-of-way.
Examples of special events would include: tractor pulls, demolition derbies, circuses, rodeos, truck rallies and car shows.
(g) “Special Event Permit” means written approval from the Administrative Assistant to hold a special event. (Ord. C11-13. Passed 4-15-13.)
(Ord. C42-02. Passed 4-15-02.)