Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Net profit from a business or profession conducted both within and without the boundaries of the City shall be considered as having a taxable situs in the City for purposes of the tax in the same proportion as the average ratio of: (Ord. C7-71. Passed 3-1-71.)
(1) The average original cost of the real and tangible personal property owned by the taxpayer in the business or profession in the City during the taxable period to the average original cost of all of the real and tangible personal property owned by the taxpayer in the business or profession during the same period, whenever situated. As used in this section, “real property” includes property rented or leased by the taxpayer, and the value of such property shall be determined by multiplying the annual rental thereon by eight;
(Ord. C7-71. Passed 3-1-71; Ord. C104-90. Passed 12-17-90.)
(2) Wages, salaries, and other compensation paid during the taxable period to persons employed in the business or professions for services performed in the City, to wages, salaries and other compensation paid during the same period to persons employed in the business or profession, wherever their services are performed. Wages, salaries, and other compensation shall be included to the extent that they represent qualifying wages;
(3) Gross receipts of the business or profession from sales made and services performed during the taxable period in the City to gross receipts of the business or profession during the same period from sales and services, wherever made or performed.
(b) In the event that the foregoing allocation formula does not produce an equitable result, another basis may, under uniform regulations, be substituted by the Director of Finance so as to produce such result.
(Ord. C27-05. Passed 4-4-05.)
(c) As used in this chapter, “sales made in the City” means:
(1) All sales of tangible personal property which is delivered within the City regardless of where title passes if shipped or delivered from a stock of goods within the City;
(2) All sales of tangible personal property which is delivered within the City regardless of where title passes even though transported from a point outside the City if the taxpayer is regularly engaged through its own employees in the solicitation or promotion of sales within the City and the sales result from such solicitation or promotion;
(Ord. C70-71. Passed 3-1-71.)
(3) All sales of tangible personal property which is shipped from a place within the City to purchasers outside the City regardless of where title passes if the sale is not generated through solicitation or promotion by an employee of the taxpayer at the place where delivery is made.
(Ord. C104-90. Passed 12-17-90.)