Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Increase adjustments (debit) can be made to nonresidential service charges by property owners adding additional impervious area such as rooftops, parking lots, driveways and walkways. Decrease (credit) adjustments can be made to nonresidential service charges by property owners performing activities that reduce the impact of storm water runoff to the storm water system.
(b) The following credits shall be available to non-residential property owners:
(1) Detention/retention (minimum standard), up to 10% credit;
(2) Detention/retention (exceeding standard), up to 30% credit;
(3) Water quality ponds, up to 30% credit;
(4) Grass filter strips, up to 30% credit;
(5) Riparian water quality buffers, up to 30% credit;
(6) Infiltration trenches, up to 30% credit;
(7) Adopt a stream/road, up to 30% credit;
(8) Education, up to 50% credit;
(9) Oversized retention of runoff from property and adjacent sites (without need for emergency bypass) through use of private stormwater facilities, up to 60% credit.
The maximum total credit to be received will not exceed 60% of the storm water service charge.
(c) To receive such credits, the party seeking the credit shall submit an application to the Director on the application for developed by the Director.
(Ord. 07-130. Passed 12-4-07; Ord. 13-66. Passed 8-16-13.)