Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) From and after the effective date of this section, no person shall stop, stand or park any vehicle, or combination of vehicles, listed herein and as defined in Ohio R.C. 4501.01 upon any street within the Municipality between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. of the following day:
(1) Commercial tractor
(4) Noncommercial trailer
(6) (EDITOR'S NOTE: Division (a)(6) of this section was repealed by Ordinance 04-47, passed May 4, 2004.)
(b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any of the vehicles described in division (a) of this section, or any combination thereof, when stopped, standing or parked under the following conditions:
(1) While being actively loaded or unloaded and no other area is available for off-street parking;
(2) The vehicle is being used in connection with the construction of or repairs to property adjacent to the street upon which such vehicle is parked and no other area is available for off-street parking;
(3) The vehicle is being used in connection with repairs to or construction of the street or related public utilities in the immediate area upon which the vehicle is parked; and
(4) The vehicle is being used in connection with a special public event, and the vehicle is parked within the immediate area of the event, and permission to park such vehicle has been granted by the Safety and Service Director.
(c) Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a minor misdemeanor upon a first conviction within any 12-month period; a misdemeanor of the fourth degree upon a second conviction within any 12-month period; and a misdemeanor of the third degree upon a third or more conviction within any 12-month period.
(Ord. 99-126. Passed 10-5-99.)