Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No person riding upon any coaster, in-line seam devices, roller skates, roller blades, skateboard, sled, toy vehicle or other similar device shall go upon any prohibited roadway except while crossing a street on a crosswalk. When so crossing, such person shall be granted all of the rights and shall be submitted to all of the duties applicable to pedestrians.
(b) For purposes of this section, "prohibited roadway" shall include any street designated as a State or Federal route; any street posted with a speed limit of thirty- five miles per hour or above; any street designated as a business loop; and any street or sidewalk within the Downtown Enterprise Review Overlay District.
(c) Any person operating a coaster, in-line seam device, roller skates, roller blades, skateboard, sled, toy vehicle or other similar device upon a nonprohibited roadway shall do so only in the following manner:
(1) Such user must stay within five feet of the curb or pavement edge;
(2) Such user must obey all traffic laws applicable to vehicular traffic and shall operate such device in a safe, careful and prudent fashion;
(3) Such user shall not operate any such device in such a manner as would allow more than two such devices to be operated abreast at any one time;
(4) Such user, when approached by traffic overtaking such device from the rear, shall move to the right as far as possible, without leaving the pavement, so as to allow the overtaking traffic to pass safely; and
(5) Such user shall not ride upon any City street during the time from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise.
(d) No person using any coaster, in-line seam device, roller skates, roller blades, skateboard, sled, toy vehicle or other similar device shall ride or operate the same on any prohibited roadway.
(Ord. 96-159. Passed 11-5-96; Ord. 03-98. Passed 9-16-03.)