Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No connection to the city's waterworks system shall be allowed until a payment of a water availability fee has been made to the city. "Availability fee" is the charge to a user for a new connection to or additional water usage from an existing connection to the city's waterworks system and is charged as a pro rata net cost of construction of all water distribution mains and appurtenances to serve the property of the connecting user and is charged in return for the city making available to such user the city's water supply system consisting of all facilities and operations necessary to provide potable water to such user. The water availability fee shall be charged in addition to the water-tap-on or connection fee and the water tap inspection fee as outlined by city ordinance. The amount of the availability fee shall be dependent on the water meter size and shall be as follows:
5/8 or 3/4 inch meter
1 inch meter
1-1/2 inch meter
2 inch meter
3 inch meter
4 inch meter
6 inch meter
8 inch meter
10 inch meter
(B) Water line extensions to accommodate a single-family or multi- family dwelling, municipal, commercial, or industrial establishment shall be the responsibility of the developer or owner of such property.
(C) Payment of the water availability fee shall be made at the following times:
(1) For new construction connections, the water availability fees shall be paid in full at the time of requesting a building permit and must be paid in full before issuance of a building permit. The amount to be paid at the time of permit issuance shall be the amount set forth in division (A) for the water meter size specified at the time of permit issuance for the usage and building type being proposed at the time of the permit request; and
(2) For all existing water connections with additional water usage not requiring plat or plan approval, the water availability fee shall be paid in full before the additional use is made to the city’s waterworks system.
(3) The individual seeking the building permit bears the responsibility to ensure payment of the applicable fees prior to application for a building permit and no permit will be issued without confirmation of payment of the availability fees.
(4) This amendment to the ordinance shall be retroactive such that all prior plat or plan approvals obtained prior to this amendment where such fees have not been previously paid are not required to be paid until such time of requesting a building permit and must be paid in full before the issuance of a building permit. The amount to be paid at the time of permit issuance shall be the amount set forth in division (A) for the water meter size specified at the time of permit issuance for the usage and building type being proposed at the time of the permit request.
(5) For all parcels upon which the fees were previously paid at the time of the plat or plan approval, no additional fees will be assessed at the time of requesting a building permit, provided that the same water meter size is installed as was used to compute the original fee amount. If a larger meter is requested at the time of issuance of the building permit, an additional fee in the amount of the difference in fees for the meter size actually installed versus the meter size used to compute the initial fee, based upon the amounts set forth in division (A) at the time of permit issuance.
(Ord. 2006-23, passed 11-6-06; Am. Ord. 2010-3, passed 4-5-10; Am. Ord. 2015-18, passed 1-4-16)