Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Clerk-Treasurer is authorized to make claim payments in advance of Board of Public Works and Safety members approval for the following types of expenses:
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from:
(a) The United States government; or
(b) An agency or a political subdivision of the United States government.
(2) License fees or permit fees;
(3) Insurance premiums;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) Federal grant programs if:
(a) Advance funding is not prohibited; and
(b) The contracting party provides sufficient security for the amount advanced.
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance agreements or service agreements;
(8) Lease agreements or rental agreements;
(9) Principal and interest payments on bonds;
(10) Payroll and all payroll-related expenses, including, but not limited to, pension contributions, credit union contributions, savings bond payments, deferred compensation contributions, FOP dues, and garnishments;
(11) State and federal taxes;
(12) Expenses that must be paid because of emergency circumstances; and
(13) Expenses described in an ordinance.
(B) Each payment of expenses must be supported by a fully itemized invoice or bill with certification of the Clerk-Treasurer. The Board of Public Works and Safety shall review and allow the claim at the next regular or special meeting following the preapproved payment of the expense.
(Ord. 2000-8, passed 9-13-2000)