Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) There is hereby established the employment classification of Planner.
(b) Compensation shall be as established from time to time by Council.
(c) The duties of the Planner shall include the following:
(1) Assist in the preparation and monitoring of Federal, State and local grant/funding applications;
(2) Review project site plans for compliance with regulations;
(3) Assist in preparation of the City Capital Improvement Plan;
(4) Assist in the coordination and compilation of statistics for the Master Development Plan and various other projects;
(5) Compile census and demographic statistics;
(6) Assist and offer information to developers, property owners, realtors, residents and various agencies in relation to development proposals, concepts and zoning;
(7) Prepare graphic display material;
(8) Conduct simple statistical surveys of land-use;
(9) Research tax records for information related to planning projects, legal advertisements and notification of affected land owners; and
(10) Perform similar related duties as assigned.
(d) The Planner must have a Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Public Administration, Urban Studies or a related field, with at least two years experience in principles and practices of municipal planning and public administration. A Masters Degree in Planning, Public Administration or Urban Studies may be substituted for experience. Knowledge and familiarity with city master planning, city strategic planning and ordinances and regulations relative to planning and land use issues are required. Good interpersonal skills, administrative skills, oral and written communication skills are also required. Computer skills shall include a working knowledge of the CAD program and GIS systems.
(Res. 95-R106. Passed 7-11-95.)