Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person other than the city, desiring an initial franchise for a cable television system shall file an application with the city. A reasonable nonrefundable application fee in an amount established by the city shall accompany the initial application. The application fee shall not be deemed to be “franchise fees” within the meaning of § 622 of the Cable Act (47 U.S.C. § 542), and the payments shall not be deemed to be:
(1) “Payments in kind” or any involuntary payments chargeable against the franchise fees to be paid to the city by grantee pursuant hereto and applicable provisions of a franchise agreement; or
(2) Part of the franchise fees to be paid to the city by grantee pursuant hereto and applicable provisions of a franchise agreement.
(B) An application for an initial franchise for a cable television system shall be in a form reasonably acceptable to the grantor and may, in the city’s sole discretion, contain, where applicable:
(1) A statement as to the proposed service area;
(2) A resume of prior history of applicant, including the legal, technical and financial expertise of applicant in the cable television field;
(3) A list of the general and limited partners of the applicant, if a partnership, or the shareholders, if a corporation;
(4) The percentage ownership of the applicant of each of its partners, shareholders or other equity owners;
(5) A list of officers, directors and managing employees of applicant or its general partner, as applicable, together with a description of the background of each person;
(6) The names and addresses of any parent or subsidiary of applicant or any other business entity owning or controlling applicant in whole or in part, or owned or controlled in whole or in part by applicant;
(7) A current financial statement of applicant verified by an audit or otherwise certified to be true, complete and correct to the reasonable satisfaction of the city;
(8) Proposed construction and service schedule; and
(9) Any additional information that the city deems applicable.
(Ord. 78, passed 10-13-1997)