Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) During the existence of a declared state of emergency within the city, the Core Team is empowered to order the following measures in the interests of public heath, safety, or welfare:
(1) Establish a curfew for the area designated as an emergency area which fixes the hours during which all persons other than officially authorized personnel may not be upon the public streets or other public places;
(2) Regulate or prohibit egress and ingress to and from an emergency area; limit or prohibit the movement of any person or persons within such area; order the moving or removal of any property within the area and the evacuation of any person or persons from the area to the extent that the Core Team finds human lives or property are endangered; and authorize or direct the entry into or upon private property to prevent or minimize danger to lives or property;
(3) Prohibit or limit the number of persons who may gather or congregate upon any public street, public place, or any outdoor place within the area designated as an emergency area;
(4) Barricade streets and prohibit vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or regulate the same on any public street leading to the area designated as an emergency area, for such distance as may be deemed necessary under the circumstances;
(5) Prohibit the sale of alcoholic beverages or the consumption thereof in public places; prohibit or restrict the sale of gasoline or other flammable liquids; and prohibit the sale, carrying, or possession of any weapons or explosives of any kind on public streets, public places, or any outdoor place;
(6) Order mandatory evacuations of persons. An evacuation authorized by this division (A)(6) shall be ordered only when necessary for public safety or when necessary for the efficient conduct of activities that minimize or mitigate the effects of the emergency; and
(7) Order such other measures as are imminently necessary for the protection of life or property, or for the recovery from emergency.
(B) All orders issued under this section shall have the full force and effect of law during the declared state of emergency. All existing laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations inconsistent with this chapter shall be inoperative during this period of time and to the extent that such inconsistencies exist.
(Ord. 07-2006, passed 7-10-2006)