Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Definition. For the purpose of this section, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUPERVISION OF A CHILD UNDER THIS SECTION. Includes a parent, lawful guardian, or other person lawfully charged with the care or custody of a child under the age of 18 years.
(B) Failure to supervise. A person responsible for the care of minor commits the offense of failure to supervise when that child commits the following acts:
(1) When the child is in violation of this code such that he or she is brought within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court;
(2) When the child violates the curfew law (§ 130.01); and
(3) Fails to attend school as required under ORS 339.010.
(C) Affirmative defenses. If a person fails to supervise a child under division (B)(1) above, it is an affirmative defense when that person:
(1) Is the victim of the act that brings the child within the jurisdiction of the juvenile court; or
(2) Reported the act to the appropriate authorities.
(Ord. 09-2006, passed 7-10-2006) Penalty, see § 130.99