Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Standards And Principles: All construction in the rights of way shall be consistent with applicable ordinances, codes, laws, rules and regulations, and commonly recognized and accepted traffic control and construction principles, sound engineering judgment and, where applicable, the principles and standards set forth in the following IDOT publications, as amended from time to time:
1. "Standard Specifications For Road And Bridge Construction";
2. "Supplemental Specifications And Recurring Special Provisions";
3. "Highway Design Manual";
4. "Highway Standards Manual";
5. "Standard Specifications For Traffic Control Items";
6. "Illinois Manual On Uniform Traffic Control Devices" (92 Ill. adm. code section 545);
7. "Flagger's Handbook"; and
8. "Work Site Protection Manual For Daylight Maintenance Operations".
B. Interpretation Of Standards And Principles: If a discrepancy exists between or among differing principles and standards required by this chapter, the village director of community development shall determine, in the exercise of sound engineering judgment, which principles apply, and such decision shall be final. If requested, the village director of community development shall state which standard or principle will apply to the construction, maintenance, or operation of a facility in the future.
C. Identification: All personnel working at any construction site in the village on the behalf of a utility shall carry identification cards and copies of all required permits for the execution of said construction. All identification cards shall identify the laborer's employer and the utility by which he or she has been contracted to perform the construction services. (Ord. 2007-102, 11-1-2007)