Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Building Permit. Each application for a building permit shall be accompanied by a plat in duplicate, drawn to scale, showing the actual dimensions of the lot to be built upon, the size, shape, and location of the building to be erected, and such other information as may be necessary to provide for the enforcement of this chapter. A record of applications and plats shall be kept in the office of the Building Inspector.
(B) Occupancy Permit.
(1) Subsequent to the effective date of this chapter, no change in the use or occupancy of land, nor any change of use or occupancy in an existing building shall be made, nor shall any new building be occupied for any purpose until a certificate of occupancy has been issued by the Building Inspector. Every certificate of occupancy shall state that the new occupancy complies with all provisions of this chapter.
(2) A record of all certificates of occupancy shall be kept on file in the office of the Building Inspector, and copies shall be furnished on request to any person having a proprietary or tenancy interest in land or a building affected by such certificate of occupancy.
(3) A Certificate of Occupancy shall be required for each nonconforming use of buildings existing prior to the time of passage of this chapter. Application for such Certificate of Occupancy for nonconforming uses shall be filed with the Building Inspector by the owner or lessee of the building occupied by such nonconforming use within one year from the effective date of this chapter. It shall be the duty of the Building Inspector to issue a Certificate of Occupancy for such nonconforming use upon such application. The failure of the owner or lessee of the building occupied by such nonconforming uses to obtain such Certificate of Occupancy for same within one year from the effective date of this chapter shall create conclusive presumption that such nonconforming use did not exist prior to the effective date of this chapter and such nonconforming use shall be discontinued within one year from the effective date hereof.
(C) Fees shall accompany petitions, appeals and applications as follows:
(1) Building permits, as specified in the building code (Chapter 150).
(2) Occupancy permits, $10.
(3) Conditional use permits, $50.
(5) Changes in the chapter, $100.
(6) Appeals to the Board of Appeals, $25.
(7) Garage sales, $5.
(8) Fences, $5.
(Am. Ord. 2014-48, passed 12-1-14)