The planning and zoning commission may, at the discretion of the village board, employ necessary clerical and technical services whose salaries, wages and other necessary expenses shall be provided for by adequate appropriations made by the village board of trustees from public funds. (Ord. 78-21, 11-7-1978; amd. 2001 Code)