Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Format. The applicant shall provide to the County Planning Office clear and legible copies of the plat in the format required by the County Land Records Office, except as provided in § 159.100(D). Three Mylar copies, at least 1 of which shall include original signatures shall be submitted to the Planning Office on the following sheet sizes acceptable for recording: 11" x 17", 18" x 24" and 24" x 36 (Note: plats which are required to be recorded must comply with the standards of the Land Records Office as follows: 3 copies in black ink on transparent Mylar with a minimum thickness of 3 to 5 mils; each copy must be prepared on a sheet size of 11" x 17", 18" x 24" or 24" x 36" with a 1.5 inch wide left margin for binding).
(B) Required information. The record plat shall be to scale and shall be an exact copy of the final plat, except that with the approval of the Planning Director the record plat may omit information that is not essential to establishing the boundaries and dimensions of lots, rights-of-way, easements, open space, protected spaces, and utilities. The record plat, at a minimum, shall include all of the following:
(1) Road right-of-ways;
(2) Protected open spaces, and any required conservation easements, if any;
(3) Easements, and any covenants that the county required to be placed on the final plan;
(4) Lot lines and lot dimensions;
(5) Water, sanitary sewer and stormwater easements;
(6) The required signatures of county officials, including the County Health Department;
(7) Notations stating whether the roads, any common open space and other proposed improvements are proposed to be offered or not offered for dedication to the county;
(8) Seal and signature of a licensed land surveyor;
(9) North arrow;
(10) Certification of landowner;
(11) Courses and distances of all lines shown; and
(12) Locations of monuments or lot pins as required in Md. Code, § 3-108(b) of the Real Property Article.
(Ord. —, passed 6-24-1997; Am. Ord. —, passed 7-13-1999; Am. Res. 2010-5, passed 5-25-2010)