Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
COMMERCIAL AVIATION ACTIVITIES. Those activities which involve the sale of aviation related services and products to the general public and shall include:
(1) The maintenance and servicing of aircraft, which right shall include, but not be limited to, overhauling, rebuilding, repairing, inspection, and securing of licensing of same, and the purchase and sale of parts, equipment, and accessories therefor;
(2) The long-term storage of aircraft in the county hangar or in premises leased by the county to the operator;
(3) The operation of a shuttle service in which customers are picked up at Bryce Canyon Airport, shuttled to other locations by way of separate ground or air transportation, and returned to Bryce Canyon Airport for a fee;
(4) The operation of a school for the instruction of the general public in flying and navigation;
(5) The operation of charter and charter air-taxi services operating under FAR Part 135, or similar regulations;
(6) The cleaning and maintenance of all aircraft inclusive of interiors, exteriors, and related components;
(7) Administrative and or business offices relative to operations and/or business of operator;
(8) The sale of aviation fuel or other fuel;
(9) Car rental business; and
(10) Other aviation or aviation associated business with prior written permission of the county.
OPERATOR. A person engaged in commercial aviation activities.
PERSON. Includes any individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation, limited liability company, estate, trust, business trust, receiver, syndicate, or any group or combination acting as a unit.
(Ord. 1994-1, passed 3-14-1994)