Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The sale or rental of a single-family house sold or rented by an owner if:
(a) The owner does not:
1. Own more than three single- family houses at any one time; or
2. Own any interest in, nor is there owned or reserved on the owner's behalf, under any express or voluntary agreement, title to, or any right to any part of the proceeds from the sale or rental of more than three single-family houses at any one time; and
(b) The house was sold or rented without:
1. The use of the sales or rental facilities or services of a real estate broker, an agent, or a salesman licensed under IC 25-34.1, or of an employee or agent of a licensed broker, an agent, or a salesman, or facilities or services of the owner of a dwelling designed or intended for occupancy by five or more families; or
2. The publication, posting, or mailing of a notice, a statement, or an advertisement prohibited by § 93.082.
(B) (1) The sale or rental of rooms or units in a dwelling containing living quarters occupied or intended to be occupied by no more than four families living independently of each other if their owner maintains and occupies one of the living quarters as the owner's residence.
(2) The exemption in division (A)(1) of this section applies to only one sale or rental in a 24-month period if the owner was not the most recent resident of the house at the time of the sale or rental.
(Ord. G-33-92, passed 7-15-92)