Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Waterfront District W-2 consists of waterfront areas suitable for or occupied by a wide range of retail and wholesale activities relating to port, harbor or marine activities including the manufacture, storage, transport and handling of goods as well as commercial uses as may have a natural relation to such activities, uses and facilities.
(A) Minimum requirements for lot area, width and setback.
Lot area: 2500 SF
Lot width: 25'
(1) When abutting a Residential District, the side yard setback shall not be less than 10 feet.
(2) When abutting a Residential District, the rear yard setback shall not be less than 20 feet.
(3) Residential development within the W- 2 District. The lot area, lot width, density and setback regulations for residential structures within the W-2 District shall be the same as those in the R- 3 District.
(B) See § 155.023 for supplementary district regulations and exceptions and parking requirements applying to the W-2 District.
(C) See § 155.060 (D) and (E) for temporary use permits that may be granted by the Board of Adjustment, and specific use permits that may be recommended by the City Planning Commission within the W-2 District under certain circumstances and conditions.
(D) Permitted uses and parking regulations.
(1) In addition to providing facilities for the loading and unloading of goods, off-street parking shall be provided in the ratios listed below.
(2) In the W-2 District, no land shall be used and no building or other structure shall be erected for or converted to any use other than:
Permitted Uses (W-2)
Any use permitted in the R-1, R-2, R-3, C-1, C-2 or W-1 Districts
Barge & boat manufacture and repair
Boat, charter services
9 or less cap.
10 or more cap.
Boat; rental, leasing & sale
Boat & marine related parts; retail and wholesale sales, transportation and handling
Docking & service facilities for commercial vessels
2/60 linear ft. dock space
Heliports; by Specific use Permit only
Ice; manufacture & sale, transportation & handling
Marine net; manufacture, repair & sale
Oil field supplies; storage, transportation & handling
Rental of equipment incidental to permitted uses
Seafood; handling, shipping and sales
Shrimp, Bait--live sales
Other uses by specific permit
(E) Other required conditions.
(1) Site plan. A site plan shall be submitted to and approved by the Building Official prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy and Compliance.
(2) Floor area. The total floor area of any building or buildings on a lot in the W-2 District shall not exceed the number of square feet in the lot.
(Ord. 1100-MM, passed 3-21-83; Am. Ord. 1100-PPPP, passed 6-17-85) Penalty, see § 155.999