Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Waterfront District W-1R consists of waterfront areas occupied by or suitable for single family dwellings and of open spaces where single-family development appears desirable. In addition to the general purposes applying to all residential districts, the regulations of District W-1R are designed to encourage pleasure boats and recreational boats and including fishing charter for six or less by Specific Use Permit only.
(A) Minimum requirements for lot area, width and setback.
Lot area: 4200 SF
Lot width: 30'
(1) All blocks or lots abutting a waterway, channel or canal within the W-1R District shall establish the front building line as the property line next to the water edge.
(B) See § 155.023 for supplementary district regulations, exceptions and parking requirements applying to the W-1R district.
(C) See § 155.060 (D) and (E) for temporary use permits that may be granted by the Board of Adjustments and specific use permits that may be recommended by the City Planning Commission within the W-1R Districts under certain circumstances and conditions.
(D) Permitted uses and parking requirements.
Any use permitted in R-1, R-2, District
1/1000 sq. ft.
Docking for pleasure boats and recreational boats
1/200 sq. ft.
Fishing charter for six or less; by specific use permit only
As determined by P. and Z.
(E) Special requirements.
(1) No motor home, travel trailer or camper shall be occupied or used for sleeping quarters. Only one motor home, travel trailer or camper shall be stored or parked on any one lot within the W-1R District which has a dwelling located thereon.
(2) Personal goods and articles, other than cars, boats, lawn furniture and similar items too large to reasonably enclose, shall be stored on the lot in a completely enclosed structure.
(3) A site plan shall be submitted to and approved by the Building Official for any use or structure within the W-1R District prior to the issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy and Compliance.
(4) On any corner lot where the rear fence line and side fence line are adjacent to a street, no fence, structure, tree, shrub or hedge may be maintained within a twenty-five (25') isosceles triangle formed by the lot lines on the corner, as to cause danger to traffic by obstructing the view.
(a) Fence or fencing shall have a maximum height of six feet (6') above natural ground level within the W-1R District.
(F) Height regulations. No building or boat ship (covered) shall exceed 35' or 2 1/2 stories in height.
(G) Projections into required yards. Open and unenclosed building projections such as outside stairways and fire escapes, balconies, terraces or porches, decks, awnings, eave and roof extensions, and ornamental features may project into the required side or rear yards for a distance not to exceed 4 feet. In no case shall such projection be located closer than 3 feet from any lot line.
(1) Special requirements for decks within the W-1R District Waterfront Single Family Residential Area.
(a) Decks may encroach into the required front yard area to the water’s edge or front lot line.
(b) The area above and below decks within the required frontyard shall be open or unenclosed. Eaves or roof extensions shall not exceed 2 feet into the required front yard area.
(Ord. 1100-92-1, passed 6-4-92) Penalty, see § 155.999