Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Waterfront District W-1 consists mainly of areas occupied by or suitable for harbor and marine resort related activities including the storage, transport and handling of goods and materials related to pleasure and charter boats as well as such commercial uses as may have a natural relation to such activities, uses and facilities.
(A) Minimum requirements for lot area, width and setback.
Lot area: 2500 SF
Lot width: 25'
(1) When abutting a Residential District, the side yard setback shall not be less than 10 feet.
(2) When abutting a Residential District, the rear yard setback shall not be less than 20 feet.
(3) Residential development within the W- 1 District. The lot area, lot width, density and setback regulations for residential structures within W-1 District shall be the same as those in the R-3 District.
(B) See § 155.023 for supplementary district regulations and exceptions and parking requirements applying to W-1 District.
(C) See § 155.060 (D) and (E) for temporary use permits that may be granted by the Board of Adjustment, and specific use permits that may be recommended by the City Planning Commission within the W-1 District under certain circumstances and conditions.
(D) Permitted uses and parking regulations.
(1) Parking requirements for permitted uses in the W-1 District shall be the same requirements as for that use in the C-2 District except fishing charter service which shall be based on the licensed boat capacity of each boat as follows:
(a) 9 or less capacity--1/1.5 persons
(b) 10 or more capacity--1/2 persons
(2) In the W-1 District, no land shall be used and no building or other structure shall be erected for or converted to any use other than:
Permitted Uses (W-1)
Any use permitted in the R-1, R-2, R-3 or C-1 Districts
Boat; rental, leasing and sale
Boat; fishing charter
9 or less cap.
10 or more cap.
Boat & marine related parts; retail and wholesale sales
Permitted Uses (W-1)
Boat repair; pleasure boats including fishing charter and recreational boats
Boat launching; by specific use permit only
Docking and service facilities, including fueling, for pleasure boats,including fishing charter and recreational boats
(E) Other required conditions.
(1) Site plan. A site plan shall be submitted to and approved by the Building Official prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy and Compliance.
(2) Floor area. The total floor area of any building or buildings on a lot in the W-1 District shall not exceed the number of square feet in the lot.
(Ord. 1100-LLL, passed 3-21-83) Penalty, see § 155.999