Skip to code content (skip section selection)
This district includes land which is used solely for single-family dwellings, but any such dwelling may be either a single conventional dwelling or a single new HUD-code manufactured home having 850 square feet of living space or more.
(A) Minimum requirements for lot area and setback.
Lot area: 6250 SF
Lot width: 50'
Sum of both: 10'
(B) See § 155.023 for supplementary district regulations, exceptions and parking requirements applicable to the R-2 District.
(C) § 155.060 (B) and (C) shall not apply to the installation of a HUD-code manufactured home. However, a written application to install a new HUD-code manufactured home for use and occupancy as a dwelling in this district shall be filed with the Building Official prior to commencement of the installation thereof and shall be deemed approved and granted unless denied by the Building Official within 45 days from the receipt of the application setting forth the reason. No fee shall be charged therefor.
(D) See § 155.060 (D) and (E) for Temporary Use Permits that may be granted by the Board of Adjustment and Specific Use Permits that may be recommended by the City Planning Commission under certain circumstances and conditions.
(E) Permitted uses and parking requirements. Any use permitted in the R-1 and the R-2 Districts.
(F) Height regulations. No building shall exceed 30 feet or 2 stories in height.
(G) Special requirements for HUD-code manufactured homes.
(1) Axles, wheels and external trailer hitch tongues or similar devices on or by means of which such home is or may be transported must be removed from the home and this district within ten days after such home is transported to this district.
(2) All such homes installed in this district must be placed on and secured to a permanent concrete foundation and connected to the city’s water and sewer system within ten days, but the chassis of such home may not be more than 24 inches above ground level.
(3) Within ten days after any such home is placed on a permanent foundation in this district, vinyl or masonry skirting completely surrounding the exterior of such dwelling must be installed so as to provide adequate access and ventilation and must thereafter be continually maintained in a good state of repair. Provided, however, if vinyl skirting is used, it must have a minimum thickness of not less than the thickness of the outer siding of the manufactured home to which it is being attached. As used herein, ‘adequate access’ means a crawl space of at least 18 inches but not more than 24 inches.
(4) All such homes installed in this district must meet all then current requirements for a new HUD-code manufactured home to be installed in counties of the state of Texas located on the Gulf of Mexico contained in federal and state HUD-code manufactured home construction and safety standards.
(5) All such homes installed in this district must be new and must meet then current standard housing or other standard codes adopted by the Code of Ordinances of the city, except as modified by this section, if not in conflict with federal and state HUD-code manufactured home construction and safety standards.
(6) All such homes installed in this district must contain a minimum of 850 square feet of living area. The term LIVING AREA excludes any attached garage, patio or porch.
(Ord. 1845, passed 11-16-98; Am. Ord. 1861, passed 6-7-99) Penalty, see § 155.999