Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Composition of district. This district consists mainly of highly restricted high density residential zone composed of single-family townhouse dwellings or condominiums.
(B) Each townhouse shall be located on an individual lot, with no lot containing less than 2,000 square feet. The minimum living area per unit will be not less than 1,000 square feet. There shall be at least 4 connected units in each townhouse project. Each townhouse group shall have not less than 4 adjoining townhouse units.
(1) Minimum requirements for lot area and setback for townhouse group.
Lot area: 2000 SF/unit
Min. units: 4
Max. units: 10
Side: see specs below
(a) Each townhouse or townhouse group shall be set back from the front street at least 5 feet for the building line.
(b) Each townhouse or townhouse group shall be set back from a side street at least 10 feet for the building line.
(c) Each townhouse having a garage opening onto a street shall be set back at least 10 feet from the property line adjoining the street right-of-way onto which such garage opens.
(d) Each townhouse or group of townhouses which do not provide a dedicated alley to the rear thereof shall be set back at least 10 feet from the rear lot line.
(3) Permitted uses and parking requirements. Any use permitted in the R-1 and R-2 Districts. Single-family dwellings. 2.5 off-street parking spaces shall be provided for each townhouse. At least one space shall be covered and shall be located on the individual’s townhouse lot. No parking shall be allowed in the front 5 feet of a townhouse lot or common area, nor in the 10 feet adjacent to a side street. One-way driveways shall be at least 9 feet in width, and two-way driveways shall be at least 18 feet in width.
(4) Permitted accessory use. Mechanical buildings, maintenance and tool shop and recreational building. Accessory buildings shall be the same design and appearance as townhouses and subject to the same maximum height restrictions.
(5) Height and coverage regulations. No building or accessory structure shall exceed 2.5 stories or 35 feet in height.
(6) Yards. Within a townhouse project there shall be at least 20 feet of separation or combined side yard between each townhouse group, subject to rear setback requirements.
(C) Condominium. The provisions of division (B) of this section shall apply to any condominium located or to be located within the city except (1) a condominium the declaration for which was recorded before January 1, 1994, if the application of division (B) of this section to such condominium is in conflict with an applicable provision of Tex. Property Code Ch. 81 or (2) a condominium the declaration for which was recorded on or after January 1, 1994, if the application of division (B) to such condominium conflicts with an applicable provision of Tex. Property Code Ch. 82.
(Ord. 1100-L, passed 2-18-74; Am. Ord. 1100-ZZ, passed 7-20-81; Am. Ord. 2013-2056, passed 1-21-14) Penalty, see § 155.999