Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person desiring to use any portion of the public streets or sidewalks of the city to place, construct or distribute any sign, poster, placard or other printed material of any nature, or to cause the same to be so placed, constructed or distributed, shall apply in writing to the City Manager giving the date and time when and the location where such use shall occur and describing such use in such detail as the City Manager may reasonably require to allow him to make the determination required by division (B) of this section.
(B) The City Manager shall issue the permit required by the provisions of § 113.01 of this chapter unless he finds that such proposed use would:
(1) Interfere with the public use of the street or sidewalk in question;
(2) Create a dangerous condition on such street or sidewalk;
(3) Constitute a false, misleading or deceptive act or practice or the distribution of material that is false, misleading or deceptive as those terms are defined in Chapter 17 of the Tex. Bus. and Com. Code;
(4) Constitute an act or practice being or to be committed outside of the C-3 Entertainment Zoning District which act or practice is restricted by Chapter 155 of this code to such zoning district or the distribution outside of such zoning district of any material advertising any act or practice occurring or to occur within such zoning district; or
(5) Constitute the distribution within the city of any material advertising any act or practice occurring or to occur within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the city which, if such act or practice occurred within the city and outside of the C-3 Entertainment Zoning District, would constitute a violation of any provisions of Chapter 155 of this code.
(‘68 Code, § 3-2) (Ord. 1072, passed 8-6-62; Am. Ord. 1528, passed 8-16-82; Am. Ord. 2007-2160, passed 4-16-07)