Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall construct or place in any navigable artificial waterway in the city any dock or other structure, whether floating or on pilings.
(B) It is an exception to the application of division (A) above if such navigable artificial waterway is:
(1) Connected to another navigable artificial waterway; and,
(2) Located entirely within the boundaries of a single lot depicted on the map or plat of a subdivision on file in the office of the County Clerk of the county which is, according to such plat, adjacent to another platted lot located in the same subdivision and owned by the same person.
(C) It is an exception to the application of division (A) of this section if the dock or structure is:
(1) Constructed or placed in a navigable artificial waterway which is connected to the Old Brazos River, as defined in § 95.20 of this chapter, at a point located downstream from the Velasco Drainage District tide gate;
(2) Any vessel moored therein is not being used as a dwelling in violation of Chapter 155 of this code;
(3) Any vessel moored therein is being moored for ten days or less; or
(4) The City Council, upon written application therefor filed with the City Secretary, giving the name and address of the applicant, the name of the owner if different from the applicant, the description and the official number of the vessel, the purpose for which such vessel is being so moored, the arrangements that are being made for off-street parking, security and water, sewer and other utility services for such vessel at such location, and a description of the insurance coverage which the applicant or owner will provide and maintain, has granted permission for such vessel to be moored for a specified time in excess of ten days, taking into consideration the necessity for such vessel to be so moored, the adequacy of off-street parking, security and water, sewer and other utility services for such vessel at such location, whether or not the owner has adequate insurance coverage to protect the interests all persons and entities involved, the fee which should be charged for the granting of such permission and other factors deemed relevant by the City Council. Provided, however, no permit shall be issued by the City Secretary until the fee designated by the City Council has been paid by the applicant. Provided further, after notice to the owner and hearing, the City Council may revoke such permit upon a finding that, during the period for which such permission is granted, such vessel ceased to be moored at such location or that the off-street parking, the security, the water, sewer or other utility services for such vessel at such location or the insurance coverage for the protection of the interests of all persons and entities involved has ceased to be adequate.
(Ord. 1815, passed 6-16-97; Am. Ord. 2001-1943, passed 9-4-01) Penalty, see § 10.99