Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following shall constitute the rates for solid waste pickup within the city:
(1) Residential rates/city: $13.11 per month;
(2) Residential rates/county: $15.72 per month;
(3) Over 65/physically disabled/city: $10.92 per month;
(4) Over 65/physically disabled/county: $13.11 per month;
(5) Hand pickup/commercial, one pickup per week: $46.92 per month;
(6) Hand pickup/commercial, two pickups per week: $71.68 per month;
(7) Hand pickup/commercial, three pickups per week: $87.62 per month;
(8) Hand pickup/commercial, four pickups per week: $99.54 per month;
(9) Hand pickup/commercial, five pickups per week: $109.13 per month;
(10) Commercial rate/container, first pickup per week: $6.68 per yard;
(11) Commercial rate/container, second pickup per week: $3.35 per yard;
(12) Commercial rate/container, third pickup per week: $2.23 per yard;
(13) Commercial rate/container, fourth pickup per week: $1.69 per yard;
(14) Commercial rate/container, fifth pickup per week: $1.34 per yard;
(15) Industrial rate: $245.81 + 59.75 per ton; and
(16) Business part-time/senior citizen rate, first pickup per week: $23.91 per month.
(B) Commercial customers utilizing dumpsters with weekly pickups shall be billed for four weeks per month, for a total of 48 weeks per year.
(C) The foregoing rates will take effect November 1, 1994.
(D) For as long as the franchise agreement, dated September 27, 1988 remains in effect as determined by the City Commission, the foregoing rates shall be adjusted annually on the anniversary of the effective date of the rates set forth herein.
(1) The City Manager shall determine the annual increase in the consumer price index by use of an outside independent source and adjust the rates accordingly.
(2) At least two weeks prior to the effective date of the new rates, the City Manager shall advise the Commission of the new rates, and the basis of the calculations for arriving at said rates.
(Ord. 830.13-11-94, passed 11-14-1994)