Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The County Board hereby:
(A) Assures, the Federal Insurance Administration that it will enact as necessary and maintain in force in those areas having flood, mudslide (i.e., mudflow) or flood-related erosion hazards, adequate land use and control measures with effective provisions with the criteria set forth in §§ 59 et seq. of the National Flood Insurance Program Regulations;
(B) Vests the County Engineer with the responsibility, authority and means to:
(1) Assist the Administrator, at his or her request, in the delineation of the limits of the area having special flood, mudslide or flood-related erosion hazards;
(2) Provide information the Administrator may request concerning present uses and occupancy of the floodplain, mudslide or flood-related erosion areas;
(3) Cooperate with federal, state and local agencies and private firms which undertake to study, survey, map and identify floodplain, mudflow or flood-related erosion areas and cooperate with neighboring communities with respect to management of adjoining floodplain, mudslide and/or flood-related erosion areas in order to prevent aggravation of existing hazards; and
(4) Submit, on forms provided by the Administrator, an annual report on the progress made during the past year within the community in the development and implementation of floodplain management measures.
(C) Upon occurrence, notifies the Administrator in writing whenever the boundaries of the community have been modified by annexation or the community has otherwise assumed or no longer has authority to adopt and enforce floodplain management regulations for a particular area. Include an accurate corporate limit map suitable for reproduction, clearly delineating the new corporate limits or new area for which the community has assumed or relinquished floodplain management regulatory authority. The community will use the flood insurance rate map or flood hazard boundary map published for the community from which land areas were annexed or from that political entity that previously has regulatory authority until the Administrator provides a map using the new corporate limits;
(D) Appoints the County Engineer to maintain for public inspection and to furnish upon request (for determining flood insurance premium rates), the following information on all new and substantially improved structures constructed within the identified special flood hazard area:
(1) The actual (as-built) lowest floor (including basement) elevation in relation to mean-sea-level;
(2) Any certificates of floodproofing;
(3) Whether or not a building has a basement; and
(4) For all floodproofed structures, the elevation to which the structure has been floodproofed.
(E) Agrees to take such other official action as may be reasonably necessary to carry out the objectives of the program.
(Res. 2007-07, passed 3-20-2007)