Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The non-binding license fee paid annually to the Village Clerk shall be as follows:
(1) Passenger vehicle or truck of less than one-ton capacity: $5.00.
(2) Passenger vehicle or truck of less than one-ton capacity owned by a senior citizen age 65 or over: $2.50.
(3) Two-axle commercial vehicle of less than 24,000 pounds gross vehicle weight: $7.50.
(4) Commercial vehicle with more than two axles, or of a gross vehicle weight of 24,000 pounds or more: $10.00.
(5) Motor bicycle, motor scooter or other two- or three-wheel motor vehicle: $3.00.
(6) The village waives the $5.00 license fee for those residents who own a passenger vehicle or truck of less than one-ton capacity that qualifies as a hybrid-electric vehicle, as defined in division (B) of this section and is listed in the Fuel Economy Guide or its successor publication.
(B) A HYBRID-ELECTRIC VEHICLE, as defined by the United States Department of Energy and United States Environmental Protection Agency, and published in the Fuel Economy Guide, “typically combines the internal combustion engine of a conventional vehicle with the battery and electric motor of an electric vehicle. The combination offers low emissions, with the power, range, and convenient fueling of conventional (gasoline and diesel) vehicles, and they never need to be plugged in.” (Source: U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy web site, www.eere.energy.gov; www.fueleconomy.gov)
(Ord. 1795, passed 4-17-00; Am. Ord. 2334, passed 11-6-06; Am. Ord. 2771, passed 4-30-12)