Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Off Street Loading:
1. Location: All required loading berths shall be located in the side or rear yard on the same zoning lot as the use served. No loading berth shall be located within twenty five feet (25') of the nearest point of intersection of any two (2) streets. No loading berth areas shall interfere with access to parking spaces of required off street parking areas.
2. Screening: When a loading berth is located closer than fifty feet (50') to any property in a residential district, it must be completely screened at a height not less than six feet (6') by a solid fence or dense, compact bushes at a height of six feet (6') at planting.
3. Access: Each off street loading berth shall be designated with appropriate means of vehicular access to a street or alley in a manner which will least interfere with traffic movement.
4. Surfacing: All open off street loading berths shall be improved with a compacted subbase, not less than seven inches (7") thick, surfaced with not less than two inches (2") of asphaltic concrete or comparable all weather dustless material.
5. Additional Requirements For Nonresidential Uses In A Residential District Or Business District: The minimum number of off street loading berths accessory to nonresidential uses in a residential or business district shall be: One loading berth for buildings containing ten thousand (10,000) to forty thousand (40,000) square feet of gross floor area, plus one additional loading berth for each additional forty thousand (40,000) square feet of gross floor area or fraction thereof. Initial loading berths shall be at least ten feet by twenty five feet (10' x 25'), additional loading berths shall be at least twelve feet by fifty feet (12' x 50').
6. Additional Requirements For Manufacturing Districts: The minimum number of off street loading berths accessory to uses in manufacturing districts shall be in accordance with the following schedule:
5,000 - 10,000
10' x 35'
11,000 - 25,000
10' x 35'
26,000 - 40,000
12' x 50'
41,000 - 100,000
12' x 50'
B. Storage Of Motor Vehicles Four Tons And Less:
1. Purpose: The purpose of this section is to regulate the use and location of areas for which a special use has been granted to permit outdoor storage of motor vehicles of four (4) tons or less. Such regulations are intended to protect the public safety and general welfare, assure compatibility with area development and intended uses, and to protect and maintain property values.
2. Applicability: Storage of motor vehicles is permitted under this section only if:
a. Such vehicles are four (4) tons and less; and
b. No sales, servicing or repair of vehicles is performed on the premises.
3. Surfacing: All premises approved for storage of motor vehicles shall be improved with a compacted subbase, not less than seven inches (7") thick, surfaced with not less than two inches (2") of asphaltic concrete or comparable all weather dustless material. Use of pervious surfaces shall be encouraged for purposes of ecological benefit.
4. Lighting: Any lighting used to illuminate areas shall be directed away from residential properties in such a way as not to create a nuisance, and shall not be permitted to cause distraction to area motorists.
5. Screening: Such screening shall be installed and maintained as may be required to avoid or minimize adverse impact on adjoining and neighboring properties in the discretion of the corporate authorities.
6. Landscaping: Such landscaping shall be installed and maintained as may be required to avoid or minimize adverse impact on adjoining and neighboring properties in the discretion of the corporate authorities. (Ord. 2014-22, 7-8-2014)