Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1. No such posters or campaign material shall be displayed in areas designated by the board of trustees as unsuitable for such use or in areas where the placement of the posters or material will obstruct the view of motorists or pedestrians.
2. No campaign posters, signs or material shall be attached or affixed on village property; including, but not limited to, poles, trees, fences, posts or buildings, or within two hundred feet (200') of a village owned building.
3. Signs are allowed in all zoning districts in accordance with the sign ordinance.
4. Signs may be posted on lawns, buildings and existing signposts. Signs shall not be posted on roofs.
5. No sign shall be placed over or in a public right of way (village, state, county, or township); this includes, but is not limited to, utility poles, bridges, fences, and trees, and will be removed and destroyed without notice.
B. Size: The maximum size for a sign shall be sixteen (16) square feet, and neither the length nor width of the sign shall exceed four feet (4'). No more than eighty (80) square feet of total signage shall be allowed per property.
C. Signs On Private Property: Signs shall only be erected on private property with the owner's permission.
D. Penalty: Any person who violates this section shall be subject to a fine of not less than fifty dollars ($50.00) and no more than seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00). (Ord. 2012-02, 2-28-2012)