Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All owners and/or agents responsible for the leasing of short term rentals shall be required to keep the following for city inspection and copying for a period of one year:
(1) The name, address, and other contact information of each signatory on the rental agreement;
(2) A document signed by the owner and/or agent responsible for renting the dwelling, certifying the number of persons intended to occupy the dwelling.
(3) The information required by this section shall be updated by the owner and/or agent for each rental to different tenants or occupants.
(B) The owner and/or agent shall provide the following for each person signing a rental agreement as a responsible party for a short term rental:
(1) The address of the short term rental and emergency contact numbers;
(2) The name and contact information for the owner or designated agent; and
(3) A copy of the city’s rules and regulations regarding noise, trash, parking, alcohol on the beach, litter, dune protection, sea turtles, requirements for special events, maximum occupancy, and golf carts.
(C) Individual rooms in short term rentals may not be rented under separate contracts at the same time.
(D) Any events held on the premises of a short term rental shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Must follow any applicable special event notification rules established by the city in § 153.05 for events on private property;
(3) May not feature mobile food trucks, carts, or other outdoor retailers offering products for sale or in exchange for donations. Caterers are allowed at events on the premises of short term rentals.
(E) All special events held after August 1, 2018, on the premises of a short term rental shall meet the following requirements:
(1) May not exceed 49 people; and
(2) May not include outdoor amplified music, including bands, deejays, music broadcast through speakers and electronic musical instruments.
(3) These requirements do not apply to events hosted by the owner of the property for which the owner is on site for the duration the event, the owner has completed the required special event notification, and for which no compensation has been paid for the event or the use of the house.
(Ord. 26-17, passed 1-9-18)