In order for the Town Council to consider accepting any private road into the town street system, that road must be in current accordance with the minimum right-of-way and construction standards established by the Board of Transportation for acceptance for the state highway system.  A certificate of approval issued by the District Engineer of the Division of Highways of the Department of Transportation (or a certificate of approval from a state certified engineer) on a map or plat of the road shall be sufficient to comply with the requirements of this section.
(Ord. O-98-04, passed 5-11-1998; Am. Ord. O-12-02, passed 3-12-2012)